First Steps in Family History
This is a six week course held in a small, friendly group and is aimed at beginners who are looking to find out the basics about family history research.
During the course we will be looking at:
- The main internet resources, both free and subscription, advantages and disadvantages and how to find information free or as cheaply as possible.
- How to check your information is accurate and what to do about "brick walls".
- What birth, marriage and death certificates can tell you and how to order them.
- All about censuses, how to search them and how to use the information from them.
- How to build your family tree with accurate references.
We'll also be having lots of fun and you can enjoy meeting other people who are starting out on this fascinating hobby.
Contact Jenny for a brochure and booking form.
One to One
If course times don't suit, Jenny can do "one to one" courses in your home which will cover the same ground but will be tailored to your needs and interests. Please contact me to discuss.
Next Steps in Family History
For those who have taken the first steps and now want to find out how to dig a little deeper. Over six weeks we investigate military, occupational and many other resources and take a look beyond the internet.
Contact Jenny for dates, details and booking
Email: Jenny@familyhistoryexplorer.co.uk or phone 01773 880780